Tuesday, October 7, 2014

This woman my Getu – O’DeBlack

This woman Getu,
Sheltered and fed me nine months in her womb,
Never tired when heavy with my burden,
The pangs she felt when I visited this earth,
Were erased, replaced with a smile of joy.

This woman Getu,
Taught me how to smile and laugh,
Even at things that weren’t import,
Showed me how to eat and walk,
And I later ran on my own.
This woman Getu,
To whom I entitle as my mother,
But always call her by her name,
Embodies the meaning of generosity;
Her ability to give is unrivaled,
Neighbors sing in her praise as she gives all.
Getu my mother,
Personifies hard work and humility,
Virtues that I strive to inherit, practice,
The grace to empathize not sympathize,
Are seen how oft she thinks about others,
And oblivious to remember herself.
Getu my mother,
Taught me the gracious import of prayer,
Urging me in all but unspecific terms,
To be diligent in inviting the Almighty’s attention,
To all that I purpose to do,
And remembering to give thanks to Him,
In spite of the outcome.
Getu my mother,
Schooled me on how to overcome trials,
Tribulation and challenges,
Deriving her strength in the Lord,
Hope in failures turned to victories.
Seating and thinking of Getu,
Thousands of miles away from me,
Brings her closer to my heart,
Closer still to my heart’s desires,
Her eloquent testimonies still ring in my mind.
A blessed woman you are Getu,
A fortress you have always been,
My gratitude to you always,
God bless your heart eternal,
My love for you unwavering!

No comments:

Post a Comment