Tuesday, June 14, 2016

I am that bird in the sky - By Ousuru DeBlack


Watching the birds in the sky,
As they fly with a greater freedom,
Drawing a beautiful pattern in the atmosphere,
But leaving no air-prints in the sphere,
They embody a creation at peace - with each other,
In the manner they move in unison - and celebrate together?

Watching the chicken on the earth,
They too move together,
As they scratch earth's surface,
To fend for themselves and their chicks too,
Occasionally fight for a share of that food,
Yet most of the time they live in harmony,
For all have but plenty.

Now that I am that free bird in the human sky,
And that I have the freedom of my conscience,
I will leave air-prints and footprints in the human hearts,
As I fly in this multiple skies of humanity,
I will seek to live in peace and make peace my bow-string,
To create peace in the human hearts,
And unity in the social fabric.

Even as I scratch the earth's surface,
To fend for my family and myself,
My respect will run deeper - my ego backstage,
Hoping to leave a legacy - in eternity,
Since I am that bird in the sky!


No comments:

Post a Comment